2009-08-26

March ör die you Ubuntu installer

Since debian didn't work well I try Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64 alternate installer. I notice there is a rescue a broken system option, exactly what I want lets try it. Now I get to the options, execute a shell or reboot. That won't repair my system. I look for the "Repair system using crowd-sourcing and AI and a live chat connection with skilled people" option. Couldn't find it. Let's try reboot, after all it usually fixes windows.

After the reboot I try the installer again, this time to install instead of rescue.
The installer looks exactly like debians, and I choose the same disc options.
I get a slightly better message explaining that files will be overwritten and I should back up. Then it says it is going to write partition table for some swap partitions, and goes blue. But not like a windows bluescreen, this bluescreen has no black text describing the error. Instead it has an white line at the bottom of the screen. I come to think of Motorhead and the book white line fever, and turn on Ace of Spades. What a classic! And I find out that Lemmys voice makes their covers of Breaking the Law and God Save the Queen absolutely brilliant. Then the bluescreen turns to red.

Partition disks. The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install target but was unable to do so. The install cannot continue. Go back or contine.

I click continue. March ör die. Then I get back to the partitioner. Try another time. Then I try to reformat the boot disk. Motörhead does another cover Louie Louie. Not as good as the Sonics but nearly as good as Paul Revere and the Raiders. There are enough Louie Louie covers to entertain me while Gentoo downloads. I come to think an installer should be like Motörhead. Just go on and on and do it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment