2009-09-01

More failures

OK, I came up with a brilliant idea to install linux and save my home folder. First boot with a live-cd, remove /bin /sbin /usr and all those, preserving /home and /var (I got some files there). Then install linux. Now there can't be any old files in the way of the installation.

I tried Debian 5.02 but got the message failure to run chroot /target dpkg --force-depends --install /var/cache/apt/archive/base-passwd_3.5.2_amd64.deb var/cache/apt/archive/baise-files_5leeny3_amd64.deb

Now, maybe I should remove /var/cache also, and retry. Horrors! The problem is still there...

The Fedora 11. This installer said it could not mount /dev/vg1/root.

Ubuntu: The installer "Failed to remove conflicting files" and cannot continue. Now how had can that be? Even my retired aunt can remove files.
And by the way, which damn files?!!!

Now I give up. I am going to copy the home folder out, then reinstall a totally fresh OS on a newly formated disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment